ALKA 1102-Component, High Performance, Multi-Purpose, Self-Smoothening Epoxy Coating
100% Solid Epoxy Coating
Alka110 is a 2-component, high performance, coloured self-smoothening epoxy resin coating designed for applications where heavy-duty protection is required. It is used in a range of Roller Applied and Self Levelling flooring systems and applications.
Alka 110 designed for applications where heavy-duty protection is required. It used on:
- Industrial & Commercial.
- Warehouses, storage and packaging areas
- Food & Beverage Processing,
- Power and Electric Equipment Plants.
- Clean rooms,
- Automotive Service Areas and Garages,
- High Traffic Applications,
- Aircraft Hangars,
- Food and beverage production,
- Bars and food preparation areas,
- Assembly plants and industrial processing floors,
- Shop Floors,
- Waste Water & Sewage.
- Chemical resistant to petroleum oils, dilute acids and alkalies, salts.
- Durable – 100% solids.
- Solvent Free and non-flammable.
- Essentially odorless.
- Excellent adhesion properties.
- Hard wearing & abrasion resistant.
- Impact resistant.
- Slip resistant surface possible.
- Low Maintenance.
- Durable finish, high gloss and high color stability.
- Easy application.
- Combine with decorative vinyl chips, quartz & metallic powders to create an attractive and durable finish.
24 Kg, 18 Kg Resin & 4 Kg hardener & 2 Kg Pigment
Shelf life: 12 months
Store away from direct sunlight and away from naked flames, sparks and heating.
Flash point >25 C
Density: 1.4 Kg/L
Recommended coating thickness is approximately 160-200 microns per coat
Pot Life (at 25 C)
approximately 30 minutes
Curing time (at 25 C)
Tack free time: 8 hours
Re-coat able: 12-24 hours
Light traffic: 3 days
Full cure: 7 days.
Approximately 0,25–0,3 kg/m² applied as a roller coating.
Approximately 0,9–1,2 kg/m² applied as a self-smoothing wearing course or as finish locking coats on textured finishes.
Alka primer: 5–6 sqm/litre
First coat: 5–6 sqm/litre over unprimed
6–8 sqm/litre over primed or coated
Second coat: 6–8 sqm/litre Over trowelled on toppings 2–4 sqm/litre
Alka 110 can be applied by brush or roller, selection of roller is dependent on the type of finish required.
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
Xylene can be used for cleaning tools and equipment before the mixed compound begins to harden. Once cured, It can only be removed mechanically.