ALKA 2042-Component Transparent and Clear solvent-based Polyaspartic
UV Stable Polyaspartic Topcoat
Alka 204 is a two component, clear, solvent-based polyaspartic topcoat designed for use over concrete floor coatings. Alka 204 is very high gloss, low viscosity topcoat. In comparison to the conventional solvent-based polyurethane coatings, polyaspartic coatings show a much higher abrasion resistance and flexibility. In fact, aliphatic polyurea or polyaspartic family of resins are the next generation of polyurethanes.
As a clear topcoat for :
- Decorative Flake systems,
- Epoxy self-levelling floor toppings,
- Exterior and interior decorative flooring finishes.
- Extermely bright, clear and transparent.
- Low viscosity.
- Exceptionally Tough & Durable,
- Excellent bond strength.
- Easy application/Can be applied by brush or roller.
- Multi-purpose use.
- Ultra-High solids as supplied.
- Protects new concrete from abuse.
- Rejuvenates worn surfaces, to a smooth finish.
- Designed to take heavy loads.
- Available in bulk quantities.
- Good mechanical resistance.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Short waiting times before subsequent coatings.
20 Kg , 16 Kg Resin & 4 Kg hardener
– clear & transparent.
Shelf life: 12 months
Store away from direct sunlight and away from naked flames, sparks and heating.
Flash point >25 C
Density: 1.0 Kg/L
Recommended coating thickness is approximately 25 microns per coat
Pot Life (at 25 C)
approximately at least 1 hour
Curing time (at 25 C)
Touch Dry Time: 1 hour
Re-coat able: 6-8 hours
Light traffic: 3 days
Full cure: 7 days.
Approximately 0.1 – 0.15 kg/m2 (approx. 5-8 m2/litre) per coat depending on substrate conditions. As a concrete sealer two coats are normally required to achieve a total thickness of 25 microns.
Alka 204 can be applied by brush, roller or spray.
Please bear in mind that Alka 204 has a special solvent. Normal Xylene solvents must not be used for thinning.
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
Xylene can be used for cleaning tools and equipment before the mixed compound begins to harden. Once cured, It can only be removed mechanically.