ALKA 2022-Component Transparent and Clear solvent-based Aliphatic Polyurethane
UV Stable Aliphatic Polyurethane
Alka 202 is a two component, clear, non-yellowing, solvent-based aliphatic polyurethane with excellent gloss and gloss retention.
As a clear topcoat for :
- As a topcoat for interior and exterior decorative finishes
- Decorative Flake systems,
- Epoxy self-levelling floor toppings,
- Exterior and interior decorative flooring finishes.
- As a clear self-prime coating it can be used on exposed aggregates and polished concretes.
- Construction equipment.
- Extermely bright, clear and transparent.
- Excellent UV resistance,
- Low viscosity.
- Easy application/Can be applied by brush or roller.
- Multi-purpose use.
- Ultra-High solids as supplied.
- Protects new concrete from abuse.
- Rejuvenates worn surfaces, to a smooth finish.
- Designed to take heavy loads.
- Available in bulk quantities.
- Good mechanical resistance.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Short waiting times before subsequent coatings.
20 L , 10 L Resin & 10 L hardener
– Clear & transparent.
– Coloured Sealer in Alka Colour Solutions Colour Card [Click here]
Shelf life: 12 months
Store away from direct sunlight and away from naked flames, sparks and heating.
Flash point >25 C
Density: 1.0 Kg/L
Recommended coating thickness is approximately 25 microns per coat
Pot Life (at 25 C)
approximately at least 1 hour
Curing time (at 25 C)
Touch Dry Time: 1 hour
Re-coat able: 4 hours
Light traffic: 3 days
Full cure: 7 days.
Approximately 0.1 – 0.15 kg/m2 (approx. 5-8 m2/litre) per coat depending on substrate conditions. As a concrete sealer two coats are normally required to achieve a total thickness of 25 microns.
Alka 202 can be applied by brush, roller or spray.
Please bear in mind that Alka 204 has a special solvent. Normal Xylene solvents must not be used for thinning.
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
Xylene can be used for cleaning tools and equipment before the mixed compound begins to harden. Once cured, It can only be removed mechanically.