ALKA 1012-Component Epoxy Primer, Levelling mortar, Intermediate Layer and Mortar Screed
Genaral Epoxy Binder
Alka 101 is a general service, 2-component, high solids, epoxy system for use as a primer, coating or as a binder for pigmented slurry/broadcast system or epoxy mortar
As a primer, penetrating sealer and bonding agent on:
- Cement renderings, asbestos cement.
- Subfill for floor levelling.
- As a bonding agent for: Epoxy mortar screeds, Epoxy self-levelling floor toppings, Mortar screeds.
- For impregnating and sealing cement-based floorings in Warehouses and stores, Warehouses and stores, Garages, Boiler rooms, Corridors.
- Suitable for use on dry and damp substrates.
- Excellent penetration and adhesion
- Low viscosity.
- Excellent bond strength.
- Easy application/Can be applied by brush or roller.
- Multi-purpose use.
- 100 % solids as supplied.
- Protects new concrete from abuse.
- Rejuvenates worn surfaces, to a smooth finish.
- Designed to take heavy loads.
- Available in bulk quantities.
- Good mechanical resistance.
- Good chemical resistance.
- Short waiting times before subsequent coatings.
80 KG, 60 KG Resin & 20 KG hardener
Shelf life: 12 months
Store away from direct sunlight and away from naked flames, sparks and heating.
Flash point >25 C
Density: 1.0 Kg/L
Recommended coating thickness is approximately 50 microns per coat
Pot Life (at 25 C)
approximately 45 minutes
Curing time (at 25 C)
Initial cure: 2 Days
Re-coat able: 12 hours
Light traffic: 3 days
Full cure: 7 days.
Approximately 0.2 – 0.3 kg/m2 (approx. 5m2/litre) per coat depending on substrate conditions. As a concrete sealer two coats are normally required to achieve a total thickness of 100 microns. Strongly absorbent or porous substrates require two primer coats with a waiting time between coats of minimum 12 hours, and maximum 36 hours.
- Alka 101 can be applied by brush or roller.
- Recommended coating thickness is approximately 50 microns per coat.
CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
Xylene can be used for cleaning tools and equipment before the mixed compound begins to harden. Once cured, It can only be removed mechanically.
Find the right product for you
Do you want to know more about our products and how we can help you? Leave your contact details here and we’ll get in touch.